Where did the time go? When I was 18 years old I thought, no, I KNEW I would publish my first book by the time I was 30. I would have my first movie deal by 35 and would retire to my chat let in the South of France by 55. I still have a few years to go, but let's just say things haven't worked out exactly how I imagined. I'm not complaining, mind you. I have had and continue to have a very successful career in Advertising, raised two amazing daughters and had two marriages, have owned seven houses, had five cats, four dogs, a rabbit, a Quaker Parrot and a dozen or more fish. I have published some work, mostly poetry, lost and gained hundreds of pounds over the course of the years, had my heart broken and broken some hearts and had a lot of fun along the way. But when I die I'm still not sure what if anything will be remembered about me.
Example one:
"Debbie Kennedy lived and died." Not really liking that one.
Example two:
"Debbie Kennedy wanted to write a book but never did." Really not liking that one.
Example three:
"Debbie Kennedy was a great person but I can't really remember one single thing that substantiates that claim." Whoa, that one really stings.
Okay, you get the point. It's time for me to kick it into gear and get something big accomplished. So 2013 is the year I've designated as the year to "get 'er done". The trouble is I'm still not quite sure what I want to get done...So that's the first thing on the list for the year; decide what great accomplish to focus on. You can help me out here. I could write a cook book, healthy vegetarian comfort food. Or I could publish all of my poems, it would be a very thin book. I could sell the rights to my life story to Speilberg. Or write a how-to book on relationships (obviously this would require some outside consultant help). I could find a cure for cancer or uncover the secret to time travel. Sky is the limit. What would you like me to do? Send me your comments and the idea that comes up the most is what I'll work on.
Meanwhile I promised you all some good recipes for the new year so here is one for the record books. The hummus is one of my personal favorites and is very close to Trader Joe's famous hummus.
Almost Trader Joe's Hummus
2 cans of chick peas
6 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons of tahini
1 clove of garlic
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of chopped basil
Put all ingredients other than 2 tablespoons of olive oil and basil, in a food processor and blend until smooth. Put the hummus in a container and take a spoon and make an indent in the center of the hummus. Pour in the remaining olive oil and chopped basil. Serve with raw veggies and pita chips. Great with kabobs, yellow rice and a bottle of Pino Noir.
Don't forget to give me some help with my major accomplishment for the year. Send me a comment with your choice and I'll get busy.
Example one:
"Debbie Kennedy lived and died." Not really liking that one.
Example two:
"Debbie Kennedy wanted to write a book but never did." Really not liking that one.
Example three:
"Debbie Kennedy was a great person but I can't really remember one single thing that substantiates that claim." Whoa, that one really stings.
Okay, you get the point. It's time for me to kick it into gear and get something big accomplished. So 2013 is the year I've designated as the year to "get 'er done". The trouble is I'm still not quite sure what I want to get done...So that's the first thing on the list for the year; decide what great accomplish to focus on. You can help me out here. I could write a cook book, healthy vegetarian comfort food. Or I could publish all of my poems, it would be a very thin book. I could sell the rights to my life story to Speilberg. Or write a how-to book on relationships (obviously this would require some outside consultant help). I could find a cure for cancer or uncover the secret to time travel. Sky is the limit. What would you like me to do? Send me your comments and the idea that comes up the most is what I'll work on.
Meanwhile I promised you all some good recipes for the new year so here is one for the record books. The hummus is one of my personal favorites and is very close to Trader Joe's famous hummus.
Almost Trader Joe's Hummus
2 cans of chick peas
6 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons of tahini
1 clove of garlic
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of chopped basil
Put all ingredients other than 2 tablespoons of olive oil and basil, in a food processor and blend until smooth. Put the hummus in a container and take a spoon and make an indent in the center of the hummus. Pour in the remaining olive oil and chopped basil. Serve with raw veggies and pita chips. Great with kabobs, yellow rice and a bottle of Pino Noir.
Don't forget to give me some help with my major accomplishment for the year. Send me a comment with your choice and I'll get busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment