So, I know I said I'd stop with the political posts, but I just have to get this off my chest.
Recently our President, Donald Trump, delivered a speech to Congress. It was a decent performance. He didn't snort, racially insult anyone, or act like a child. He looked professional and spoke "Presidentially". The thing that has my panties in a wad is that the press, Congress, and just about everyone else on this planet is making a HUGE, pardon the pun, big freakin' deal about it.
Is our bar really that low? Why are we shocked, excited and proud that the President of the United States acted, well, Presidential? That seems like the very least we should expect from him. It's a reminder of just how "off" we are all as a nation right now. I'm concerned that we have already become conditioned to the fact that we should expect the worse from the person we elected as our leader. I don't like the new bar, and I want it raised! I'm not alone, but as much as we try to "resist", here is what we are dealing with...
Recently our President, Donald Trump, delivered a speech to Congress. It was a decent performance. He didn't snort, racially insult anyone, or act like a child. He looked professional and spoke "Presidentially". The thing that has my panties in a wad is that the press, Congress, and just about everyone else on this planet is making a HUGE, pardon the pun, big freakin' deal about it.
Is our bar really that low? Why are we shocked, excited and proud that the President of the United States acted, well, Presidential? That seems like the very least we should expect from him. It's a reminder of just how "off" we are all as a nation right now. I'm concerned that we have already become conditioned to the fact that we should expect the worse from the person we elected as our leader. I don't like the new bar, and I want it raised! I'm not alone, but as much as we try to "resist", here is what we are dealing with...
- We still have not seen Mr. Trump's tax returns. Why is this a big deal? Well, I'll tell you. Every American citizen is held accountable to the IRS to file our taxes and pay what we owe. Shouldn't our highest office be as accountable as the lowest common denominator? It is also clear that Mr. Trump has something to hide, or else we'd seen it by now. Dealings with Russia? China? Perhaps even some of those "extreme Islamic" nations that have been banned from traveling to the U.S.? Who knows! But we SHOULD know and more importantly, we should CARE! Why don't we? Why isn't every member of Congress, at the very least, DEMANDING the release of these tax records?
- Russian Involvement in the Election. Why the HELL hasn't our Congress and Senate DEMANDED this issue be settled and addressed? This is all-out war and yet we are giving Russia, and Mr. Trump, a pass on this? Come on, what is going on? If YOU care about this issue, and you SHOULD, write, call, hound, harass your elected officials until something is done about this monstrosity!
- Our Environment - Do I have to remind all of you about Al Gore and Global Warming?? It's real, people, and we just allowed our new President to dismantle the only agency in charge of making sure we don't blow up our planet! I'm shocked and amazed at how little this issue has been covered by our press and how many people don't seem to give a crap about this.
- Our Health and Security - I'm a baby boomer and one of millions who was hoping that the hundreds of thousands of dollars I've put into my Social Security would help supplement my retirement. Fat chance of that happening now, and NOBODY seems to care! Millions of people are about to go without medical coverage, what does that mean? Disease, decay, death, you name it. It isn't acceptable in a third world country, but we are not fighting it here in the US of A?
I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point. We as the American people should hold all of our leaders, especially our President, to the highest standards and expectations. Instead we are lowering the bar just because Mr. Trump cries like a little baby when the media doesn't agree with him. Points his little fingers at the military when a decision HE made caused the loss of a life. Bullies and grunts his way over anybody who gets in his way. I say that's all the more reason to raise the bar! In my experience, people who point the finger at others and go on the defensive over the most minor of conflicts are usually the ones most guilty. Let's hold him accountable! All of the hard core right wingers are saying "give him a chance"....A chance to what, be our next dictator?
I don't like bullies. Never have. When I was a kid there was this guy, much bigger than the rest of us, who used to guard the merry-go-round. When we would be brave enough to get on, in spite of him, he'd run so fast that we would all fly off of it onto the ground. We told the teacher on him. Nothing. We told our parents about him. Nothing. I hated that he controlled my most favorite part of the play ground. I was very small for my age, and kind of quiet. But one day I got on that merry-go-round and planted my feet under the bar, held on as tightly as I could, and dared him to toss me off. He tried and tried and couldn't. It made him so angry. But then, something incredible happened. He stopped running and jumped off. It was no longer fun for him to bully us when somebody stood up to him.
Stand up to our new leader, let him know that no matter which side of the fence (or Wall) you're on, you demand answers to the questions he is refusing to answer. Let him know the bar is raising! He wanted this office and he got it, now if he wants to stay on the merry-go-round, he's going to have to face the fact that we are hanging on to our rights as tightly as we can, and we aren't going to let him toss off off balance.
There are new Resistance movements forming all over the country. Join one. Get involved. Be a part of the solution to this problem that we created. Hang on with all your strength and stand up to this bully. We've got this!
I don't like bullies. Never have. When I was a kid there was this guy, much bigger than the rest of us, who used to guard the merry-go-round. When we would be brave enough to get on, in spite of him, he'd run so fast that we would all fly off of it onto the ground. We told the teacher on him. Nothing. We told our parents about him. Nothing. I hated that he controlled my most favorite part of the play ground. I was very small for my age, and kind of quiet. But one day I got on that merry-go-round and planted my feet under the bar, held on as tightly as I could, and dared him to toss me off. He tried and tried and couldn't. It made him so angry. But then, something incredible happened. He stopped running and jumped off. It was no longer fun for him to bully us when somebody stood up to him.Stand up to our new leader, let him know that no matter which side of the fence (or Wall) you're on, you demand answers to the questions he is refusing to answer. Let him know the bar is raising! He wanted this office and he got it, now if he wants to stay on the merry-go-round, he's going to have to face the fact that we are hanging on to our rights as tightly as we can, and we aren't going to let him toss off off balance.
There are new Resistance movements forming all over the country. Join one. Get involved. Be a part of the solution to this problem that we created. Hang on with all your strength and stand up to this bully. We've got this!

No comments:
Post a Comment