Have you ever noticed that no matter how slim you may feel when you see a picture of yourself you look so much thicker? I'm convinced that the camera really does add pounds, maybe more than 10. I have been feeling so much thinner lately and the scale is showing marked improvement. But still when I see myself in recent photos I look ginormous! When I look in my mirror at home I don't look that way so what gives? Here are a few conspiracy theories that I'm working on...
1. The camera really does add 10+ pounds - so maybe due to the way lenses are constructed the camera, any camera not just video, adds weight to your image. If this is true could it be a government conspiracy? I mean, there is a lot of emphasis right now on health and wellness and it seems like the BMI measurement required to be "healthy" keeps getting lower and lower. So maybe in an effort to control even our body image the government has mandated new lens technology that morphs our body's into heavier versions of ourselves to evoke the need for us to lose weight. Could be true, right?
2. Our mirrors have been manipulated by the government to evoke a serge in retail therapy - consider this; if we look smaller in our mirrors at home wouldn't that entice us to shop for clothes? With the economy still in the crapper I can see why our government might get in cahoots with retail establishments to contort our mirrors and get us out of the gyms and into the shops. If we look better we are far more likely to buy clothes, after all. Nevermind the sizes marked on the clothes. That's all a part of the conspiracy. You can't really judge by size, you have to try on the clothes and then you see yourself in those amazing morphed mirrors and you believe! Could be true...
3. Our vision has been taken over by the government - now as someone who watches a lot of Sci-Fy television I can tell you the government can do ANYTHING they want for real. So who's to say that they haven't used our cell phone devices to secretly inject our eyes with morphed vision so that we, and everyone around us appears larger, or smaller than we really are? If they want us to shop, they make us look smaller to ourselves so we'll feel better about buying clothes. If they want us to lose weight they make our images appear larger so we'll work out more and eat less. It's easy to see how this one could be true...
4. Or maybe I was just so large to begin with that I hadn't looked at photos of myself and this new, still heavy image is way smaller than the original - sadly, this is the most likely scenario. When I think back over the last 5 years I have not really allowed anyone to take a photo of me. On the rare occasion that someone snuck one by me, I'm pretty sure I refused to look at it. So even though I don't love the images that I see of myself now, I feel confident that I look a lot better than I did a year ago. Maybe, just maybe, the government really doesn't have anything to do with it?
Here are a few tips I've discovered lately about making your work out work harder for you:
1. The camera really does add 10+ pounds - so maybe due to the way lenses are constructed the camera, any camera not just video, adds weight to your image. If this is true could it be a government conspiracy? I mean, there is a lot of emphasis right now on health and wellness and it seems like the BMI measurement required to be "healthy" keeps getting lower and lower. So maybe in an effort to control even our body image the government has mandated new lens technology that morphs our body's into heavier versions of ourselves to evoke the need for us to lose weight. Could be true, right?
2. Our mirrors have been manipulated by the government to evoke a serge in retail therapy - consider this; if we look smaller in our mirrors at home wouldn't that entice us to shop for clothes? With the economy still in the crapper I can see why our government might get in cahoots with retail establishments to contort our mirrors and get us out of the gyms and into the shops. If we look better we are far more likely to buy clothes, after all. Nevermind the sizes marked on the clothes. That's all a part of the conspiracy. You can't really judge by size, you have to try on the clothes and then you see yourself in those amazing morphed mirrors and you believe! Could be true...
3. Our vision has been taken over by the government - now as someone who watches a lot of Sci-Fy television I can tell you the government can do ANYTHING they want for real. So who's to say that they haven't used our cell phone devices to secretly inject our eyes with morphed vision so that we, and everyone around us appears larger, or smaller than we really are? If they want us to shop, they make us look smaller to ourselves so we'll feel better about buying clothes. If they want us to lose weight they make our images appear larger so we'll work out more and eat less. It's easy to see how this one could be true...
4. Or maybe I was just so large to begin with that I hadn't looked at photos of myself and this new, still heavy image is way smaller than the original - sadly, this is the most likely scenario. When I think back over the last 5 years I have not really allowed anyone to take a photo of me. On the rare occasion that someone snuck one by me, I'm pretty sure I refused to look at it. So even though I don't love the images that I see of myself now, I feel confident that I look a lot better than I did a year ago. Maybe, just maybe, the government really doesn't have anything to do with it?
Here are a few tips I've discovered lately about making your work out work harder for you:
- To lose weight you need to do more than cardio - I've always thought that to lose weight you need to run, walk, ride the bikes or elipticals at the gym and avoid strength training at all costs. Turns out that isn't the case at all. To lose weight you need to combine cardio with strength training and core exercises. The reason for this is that if you just do cardio you are only burning off easy carbs, not the hardcore fats that have attached themselves to your body. It's reccommended that you do 60 minutes of combined exercises three times a week with additional cardio at least one more time a week for at least 30 minutes.
- You need to eat to lose weight - by starving yourself with less than 1200 calories a day your body will shut down, your metabolism will shut off and you will start storing fat rather than losing it. There are lots of diets out there to help you keep your metabolism in check. I am following the under 30 fat grams a day plan. Works well with lean protein, whole wheat carbs and lots of fresh fruits and veggies
- Force yourself to exercise even when you are tired, stressed, depressed - it actually will help you keep your mood in balance. I find it's easier for me if I have a routine and if other people are counting on me. If you aren't in an organized program, get a work out buddy and make a commitment with them to work out on certain days at certain times. That way if you have a bad day and want to bag out on the exercise you will feel pressured to keep your "date"
You don't have to give up everything you love in order to lose weight! Keep some calories or fat grams aside once a week to splurge on your favorite "naughty" food like a glass of wine or beer, a frozen yogurt or a piece of cake. You can't live forever without having some fun in your diet so plan for it and it won't derail you.
No comments:
Post a Comment