When your computer isn't working, what is the first thing you do? Reboot. Simple, easy solution and it usually, 9 out of 10 times, works. You could just stare at the laptop, shake it, etc. but you aren't going to make progress, get the results you want, unless you shut the thing off and start over again
What I'm doing with my life just isn't working. The choices I'm making every day aren't the choices I want to be making. My old habits keep coming back and my waistline isn't decreasing. My love life isn't improving. My bank account isn't growing. So today, 10/31/2015, I am going to reboot my life. In order for this to work I must be completely honest with myself and acknowledge that I can do better, I MUST do better. And it isn't going to be easy. Big changes need to take place in order for me to get on track, and change is never easy and rarely comes without sacrifice. I'll probably be grumpy, sorry family, friends and coworkers. I won't be as much fun because some of these changes require giving up things like breweries and restaurants for a while. But I can't expect anyone else to fall in love with me if I'm not in love with myself and right now, I'm just not. In fact I'm a little disappointed in myself. I have so much potential and always have had the opportunity to use it. I don't have any more excuses; no small children taking up my time. No husband putting demands on me. I have been wallowing in self pity for the past three years because some guy doesn't love me. Why should he? I'm not living up to my own potential and it isn't his fault - it is 100% on me. So today, it ends. All the excuses, all of the distractions. It ends right now. Reboot.
In order for this fresh start to begin I need some reach goals. Not just the normal "lose weight, find love, save money," but REAL, attainable concrete goals and a strategy plan for how to get there. This is my new job and I am going to take it very seriously.
Goal Number 1 - Get healthy - Okay so I don't have any major heath concerns. For my age, I'm actually very lucky to not be on any medications or have any pre-existing conditions that require ongoing treatment. But I plan to be on this planet for good long time so I want to make sure my body keeps up with me.
Objective: Live a longer, healthier, more productive life
Strategic Plan to obtain Goal Number 1
- Eat well - my nutritionist advised me years ago to eat 5 small meals a day rather than 1 or 2 large ones with bad snacking in between. Eating well for me means low carbs, low sugar and low fats. In order to achieve this goal I need a good, solid road map that includes a daily and weekly menu, grocery list, intake analysis and weekly review.
Game Plan
Sunday, 11/1/15 - Build a tracker to input my menu, check off as meals have been eaten and count sugar, carbs and fats.
Friday, 11/6 - Review tracker and adjust plan as needed to ensure best results
Sunday, 11/8 - Meet with nutritionist to review menu for week 2
- Exercise better - I already exercise 4 to 5 times a week so it isn't a matter of "more" it's really "better" that I need. I need more of a variety, better management of results and someone else to help push me toward my goals.
Game Plan
Saturday, 10/31/15 - Look over all of the Living Socials I've bought for fitness and choose the ones I want to actually begin using
Sunday, 11/1/15 - Take a group hike
Monday, 11/2/15 - Begin new exercise routine
Friday, 11/6/15 - Review exercise plan and adjust as needed for the next week

- Get My Emotional Health in Order - I have been in a depression for over 4 years and nobody knows it. Now you all do so that's a good start for my recovery. I have had suicidal thoughts. I have eaten my feelings. I have had self doubt. I have lied to myself and my friends that "everything is okay." Everything isn't okay. I'm a mess, emotionally, and in order to fix that I needed to say it "out loud." It is embarrassing to me that I'm not strong enough to handle this on my own. I've tried doing it my way, pretending, acting, covering up. That hasn't worked out well for me. I'm highly intelligent so I have been able to fool several counselors into thinking I'm fine. They have laughed and joked with me as I've convinced them I don't need them. Question, why do they think I went to them in the first place? I was hoping they would catch me in my lie.
Game Plan
Sunday, 11/1/15 - begin searching for a good counselor.
Friday, 11/6/15 - make an appointment and keep it.
- Get My Financial Well Being in Order - I am horrible at managing money. It has always been a problem for me. I don't like money. I don't want to be a slave to it. But in this life, in this world, money is important so I need to stop pretending it doesn't matter and make the management of it a priority.
Game Plan
Wednesday, 11/4 - Prepare a budget
Sunday, 11/8 - Review the week's spend and set up incremental reviews and adjustments
Monday, 11/9 - Contact a financial planner and make an appointment (and keep it)
Goal Number 2 - Realize My Potential - Since I was in third grade I've been recognized as a very high potential writer. I'm good at it, made a living at it for over a decade. Then somebody told me I wasn't good, put me down another path, and I allowed that to crush me. I stopped having confidence in myself and became afraid that I couldn't succeed. All artists out there know this is the kiss of death for creativity. My writing now has been more for fun and for me, but I think I can do better. I want to publish and in order to do that I need to get back to where I was before I was wrongfully judged.
Objective - Get My Creative MoJo Back

- Get Published - I have a publisher who actually wants my work and I have been procrastinating for fear of failure. Reboot! They like my work so I need to give it to them. They may ask for rewrites, that's okay. Writing is fun so I need to stop fighting it and just do it.
Game Plan
Monday, 11/2/15 - reach out to the publisher that wants my story and make a deal
Saturday, 11/7/15 - edit story and submit it
Sunday, 11/8/15 - begin next story
I have a lot of work to do so I'm going to end here and get busy! Next blog will include some of my recipes and meal planning. Be on the look out and wish me luck!
In order for this fresh start to begin I need some reach goals. Not just the normal "lose weight, find love, save money," but REAL, attainable concrete goals and a strategy plan for how to get there. This is my new job and I am going to take it very seriously.
Goal Number 1 - Get healthy - Okay so I don't have any major heath concerns. For my age, I'm actually very lucky to not be on any medications or have any pre-existing conditions that require ongoing treatment. But I plan to be on this planet for good long time so I want to make sure my body keeps up with me.
Objective: Live a longer, healthier, more productive life
Strategic Plan to obtain Goal Number 1
- Eat well - my nutritionist advised me years ago to eat 5 small meals a day rather than 1 or 2 large ones with bad snacking in between. Eating well for me means low carbs, low sugar and low fats. In order to achieve this goal I need a good, solid road map that includes a daily and weekly menu, grocery list, intake analysis and weekly review.
Game Plan
Sunday, 11/1/15 - Build a tracker to input my menu, check off as meals have been eaten and count sugar, carbs and fats.
Friday, 11/6 - Review tracker and adjust plan as needed to ensure best results
Sunday, 11/8 - Meet with nutritionist to review menu for week 2
- Exercise better - I already exercise 4 to 5 times a week so it isn't a matter of "more" it's really "better" that I need. I need more of a variety, better management of results and someone else to help push me toward my goals.
Game Plan
Saturday, 10/31/15 - Look over all of the Living Socials I've bought for fitness and choose the ones I want to actually begin using
Sunday, 11/1/15 - Take a group hike
Monday, 11/2/15 - Begin new exercise routine
Friday, 11/6/15 - Review exercise plan and adjust as needed for the next week

- Get My Emotional Health in Order - I have been in a depression for over 4 years and nobody knows it. Now you all do so that's a good start for my recovery. I have had suicidal thoughts. I have eaten my feelings. I have had self doubt. I have lied to myself and my friends that "everything is okay." Everything isn't okay. I'm a mess, emotionally, and in order to fix that I needed to say it "out loud." It is embarrassing to me that I'm not strong enough to handle this on my own. I've tried doing it my way, pretending, acting, covering up. That hasn't worked out well for me. I'm highly intelligent so I have been able to fool several counselors into thinking I'm fine. They have laughed and joked with me as I've convinced them I don't need them. Question, why do they think I went to them in the first place? I was hoping they would catch me in my lie.
Game Plan
Sunday, 11/1/15 - begin searching for a good counselor.
Friday, 11/6/15 - make an appointment and keep it.
- Get My Financial Well Being in Order - I am horrible at managing money. It has always been a problem for me. I don't like money. I don't want to be a slave to it. But in this life, in this world, money is important so I need to stop pretending it doesn't matter and make the management of it a priority.
Game Plan
Wednesday, 11/4 - Prepare a budget
Sunday, 11/8 - Review the week's spend and set up incremental reviews and adjustments
Monday, 11/9 - Contact a financial planner and make an appointment (and keep it)
Goal Number 2 - Realize My Potential - Since I was in third grade I've been recognized as a very high potential writer. I'm good at it, made a living at it for over a decade. Then somebody told me I wasn't good, put me down another path, and I allowed that to crush me. I stopped having confidence in myself and became afraid that I couldn't succeed. All artists out there know this is the kiss of death for creativity. My writing now has been more for fun and for me, but I think I can do better. I want to publish and in order to do that I need to get back to where I was before I was wrongfully judged.
Objective - Get My Creative MoJo Back

- Get Published - I have a publisher who actually wants my work and I have been procrastinating for fear of failure. Reboot! They like my work so I need to give it to them. They may ask for rewrites, that's okay. Writing is fun so I need to stop fighting it and just do it.
Game Plan
Monday, 11/2/15 - reach out to the publisher that wants my story and make a deal
Saturday, 11/7/15 - edit story and submit it
Sunday, 11/8/15 - begin next story
I have a lot of work to do so I'm going to end here and get busy! Next blog will include some of my recipes and meal planning. Be on the look out and wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment